What is a Urinary Tract Infection?
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection in any part of the urinary system - kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra.
Women are at greater risk of developing a UTI than men.
UTIs can be painful and recurring. Serious consequences can occur if a UTI spreads to the kidneys.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections
There are many symptoms of a urinary tract infection which include:
● a burning feeling when you pee
● a frequent or intense urge to pee even though little comes out when you do
● a cloudy dark bloody or strange-smelling pee
● feeling tired or shaky
● fever or chills - which is a sign that the infection may have reached the kidneys
● pain or pressure in the lower back, lower abdomen, or around the bladder
Products that can help in the diagnosis of Urinary Tract Infections